Sperm donation is the process of donating a male sperm to inseminate in female. It is a form of third party reproduction and mainly used in assisted reproductive technology (ART) techniques. The donated sperm is inserted into the women’s body for fertilization process.
Your Doctor may recommend Donated Sperm, if your Partner:
- Produces little or no sperm
- Produces sperm that does not fertilize an egg
- Is at greater risk of transmitting inherited diseases through sperm
- Has vasectomy
Donated sperms can be used in either in IUI or In vitro fertilization (IVF) or intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI). The procedure may differ in regards to the fertility treatment you are undergoing:
Chances of having a baby
The younger you are the greater your chances. The success ratio varies from each treatment cycle and depends on the age of the woman. For instance,
- Women under 35 years, the success rate is around 14%
- Between 35-39 years, the success rate is around 11%
- Between 40-42 years, the success rate is around 4-5%
Risks of Donated Sperm
Sperm donors will undergo stringent screening checks to make sure they are free from any infections, particularly HIV, cytomegalovirus, gonorrhea, syphilis and Hepatitis B and C. Checks for genetic disorders will also be carried out.
If you are interested in undergoing the sperm donation treatment in Hyderabad, consult our specialists to get the best advice over all the time.