Intracytoplasmic morphologically selected sperm injection (IMSI)
- IMSI is a procedure of selecting spermatozoa under higher magnification.
- Normal ICSI is done under 2000 – 4000 * magnification where an IMSI is done under 6000 * magnification which gives a higher chance of selecting good sperm.
- The patient who has gone repeated IVF failure, patients with very defective sperms,
- less count and motility and unknown reasons for infertility.
- The chance of achieving pregnancy using IMSI would be between 30% – 63% comparative to normal conventional IVF and ICSI 20%– 40%.