Embryo donation is defined as the giving away of embryo remaining after one’s IVF to the donation by some other couple. It is a form of third party reproduction and mainly used in assisted reproductive technology (ART) techniques. The donation is followed by the implantation of those embryos into the woman’s uterus for pregnancy to occur and childbirth in the expecting mother.
The eggs are mostly donated by the couples who already have completed their family by IVF treatment method and have excess embryos frozen and wish to give them away to someone who wants to have children.
When Should You Opt for Embryo Donors?
- You and your partner are both suffering from infertility.
- You and your partner can most likely pass over genetic disorder to children
- You are single and have gone through the menopause.
Procedure to collect Embryo from Embryo Donors at Infertility Hospital
- By the IVF method, you can produce extra embryos and put to use if the first treatment cycle fails, or also keep it in storage for the next 10 years. At times, couples would decide upon not to have children and in such times, embryos can be donated to another couple.
- Best Infertility Specialist will have to screen donors for infectious diseases such as HIV, Hepatitis B and C and Cytomegalovirus (CMV).
- Once you get the donated embryos that were previously frozen are exposed to a procedure that involves thawing and transfer, called as frozen embryo transfer.
Procedure to transfer the Embryo
By making use of a thin catheter, one or two embryos are inserted into uterus on day 3 or day 5. It is done two to three days after fertilization, or about five to six days at the blastocyst stage.
Infertility Specialist may recommend the transfer of one embryo keeping in view the age of the donor into account. In addition, it is not suggested to transfer more than two embryos in order to avoid the risk of multiple pregnancies.
In this process, patients can take the pregnancy test in two weeks. In case you go pregnant with donated embryos you will further require careful monitoring.
Success Rate with Donor Embryos
Donor embryos show a higher success rate for each treatment cycle when compared to the Conventional IVF across all age groups.
Want to opt for donor embryo? Contact our infertility specialists and discuss your chances.
Call 8880 74 74 74 to know the Egg donor cost.