Donor Embryo :
Form of 3rd party reproduction used in ART to help couples in whom female partner has a healthy uterus to carry a healthy pregnancy using donor embryo.
Reasons to have embryo donation include :
- Unexplained infertility that involves both partners
- In a woman who has no eggs ( absent ovaries/ premature ovarian failure / poor ovarian function),
- Recurrent pregnancy loss thought to be related to embryonic factors,
- Genetic disorders affecting one or both partners.
- Repeated IVF failure couples
Procedure for embryo donor IVF :
- A donor is selected – who is healthy, has proven fertility status, married, medically fit, screened for infections- ovarian stimulation injections are given and oocytes are collected from the donor.
- Donor Sperms are selected from sperm banks and ICSI is done using the best sperms and best oocytes.
- Post ICSI – Best embryos formed are selected ( called donor embryos) and frozen by a process called vitrification.
- These embryos are now ready to be transferred to your uterus by Frozen embryo transfer.
The Procedure of Embryo Transfer of Donor Embryo
Once your uterus lining is ready – progesterone injections are given to you for 4days in case of day 3 embryo transfer or 6days in case of day 5( blastocyst) embryo transfer. On the day of transfer: Using a thin catheter, one or two embryos are placed into the uterus. Post transfer medication is given and a pregnancy test is done after 15days!
Want to opt for a donor embryo? Contact our infertility specialists and discuss your chances.
Call 8880 74 74 74 to know the Donor embryo cost.