Decoding IVF Success Rate: Tips to Boost the Chances of Conceiving.
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is a common medical procedure used in fertility and in assisted conception. In this process, a woman’s egg is fertilised with her partner’s sperm in vitro or in a glass tube, in the laboratory. This process results in an embryo which is then transferred to the woman’s uterus. The success rate of this advanced fertility treatment is between 30% and 80%.
IVF success rate depends upon various factors, the primary ones include the woman’s age, the causes of infertility, quality of sperm and oocyte, and the receptivity of the uterus. The following are some tips to improve your chances of success if you consider IVF:
Tips to Increase Your Chances of IVF Success
- Maintain a healthy weight range.
- Quit unhealthy habits such as smoking, and excessive alcohol consumption.
- Adopt a balanced diet and do regular exercise.
- Reduce stress with acupuncture or other stress-relieving techniques.
- Take multivitamin and mineral supplements that contain vitamins D, A, C, E, and B with adequate amounts of zinc, magnesium, selenium, Iron and Co-enzyme Q10, three months prior to IVF. This will improve the quality of your egg and sperm.
- For ovarian stimulation, individualised IVF protocols are recommended for each patient.
- Any associated gynaecological illnesses such as fibroids, endometrial polyps, endometriosis, adenomyosis, or hydrosalpinx must be treated before IVF.
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) can help improve the outcome of the IVF if the sperm is otherwise normal. Sperm sorting techniques like MACS and Microfluidics help identify the best sperm for ICSI.
- Testicular Sperm Aspiration (TESA): Using this method, the sperm can be easily aspirated with a small needle without much damage and the sperm can be used in ICSI.
- Blastocyst Transfer: Blastocysts are embryos developed for a period of 5 days post-fertilization. These embryos have a better implantation rate compared to 3-day old embryos. Only one-third (1/3) of all the embryos are capable of growing to this stage. When an embryo is unable to escape its shell on its own, the embryologist offers assisted hatching using a laser so that the embryos can implant. Specially developed embryo glue, which contains hyaluronan is used to enhance implantation.
- Preimplantation Genetic Testing is used to select healthy and chromosomally normal embryos. This will improve the chances of producing healthy babies without any birth defects.
- Endometrial Receptivity Analysis is a genetic test that evaluates the uterine endometrial lining, to assess optimal timing for embryo transfer and successful implantation.
Consult a fertility specialist to understand the treatment plan that works best for you. In case of a failure, do not lose hope, instead discuss the causes of failure and go for further advanced tests and adopt other procedures to improve SUCCESS.
You can consult the infertility specialist in Madhapur to treat any fertility-related issues. Infertility treatment cost in Hyderabad is comparatively less and affordable from other cities. Hegde Fertility offers the best IVF Treatment in Hyderabad.