IVF – 13 Benefits You Must Know!
In vitro fertilization, commonly referred to as IVF, is a type of assisted reproductive treatment technology that helps to achieve healthy and fruitful pregnancy. During an IVF treatment the female egg and male sperm are fertilized in the laboratory. The resulting embryo is then transferred to the uterus for further natural development.
Understanding the IVF Procedure.
IVF is a very-well-structured procedure carried out in a step-by-step manner. IVF requires medical assistance at every step for getting successful results. The IVF procedure includes the following steps:
- Generally, in the initial part of IVF, your infertility specialist attempts to take complete control of your menstrual and ovulation cycles. This helps in understanding the correct time of your ovulation during every month. This also requires the charting of the basal body temperature and hormonal therapy.
- Your infertility specialistwill recommend frequent blood tests and ultrasound scans. These diagnostic tests will help in mapping the progress of ovulation.
- Certain drugs will be prescribed by your doctor to stimulate your ovaries.
- During this time, your doctors will generally monitor the growth of the oocyte.
- When the oocyte follicles achieve a suitable growth, eggs are retrieved for artificial insemination.
- Fertilization is done by infusing the male partner’s sperm with the egg in a well-controlled laboratory setting.
- After the successful fertilization, the embryo is transferred to the uterus for natural development.
13 Benefits of IVF Treatment that You Need to Know About.
The common benefits of IVF treatment include:
- Increased chances of achieving healthy pregnancy by a large percentage.
- One of the common treatments used to boost fertility and pregnancy.
- Couples who fail to conceive after repeated tries can have their own offspring.
- Infertile couples can also achieve pregnancy by using donor eggs or sperms during IVF treatment. In this case, the child will not bear the DNA of both parents as the egg or sperm is used in the treatment is from the donor.
- IVF treatment can decrease the chances of fallopian tube surgery.
- IVF treatment also gives an opportunity to select the healthiest embryos before implanting them in the uterus.
- Pre-implantation genetic diagnosis determines the presence of any abnormal genes and helps avoid complications. Chromosomal absurdity can also be detected with this test.
- IVF treatment has comparatively high success rate compared to other assisted reproductive techniques.
- IVF treatment is one of the safest procedures in the field of medicine.
- IVF helps women with premature menopause to bear a child.
- You can experience the joys of motherhood even at an older age.
- IVF treatments also allow same-sex partners and single women to bear a child.
- Women who have undergone surgeries like fallopian tube removal can safely opt for IVF. This treatment is also helpful for women whose fallopian tubes are damaged or blocked.
If you wish to look for an IVF center in Hyderabad, which has the best infrastructure and the best IVF specialists, we welcome you to Hegde Fertility Center. At Hedge, IVF treatment is common and the cost is reasonable and affordable by all.
Don’t hesitate to visit an IVF hospital if you experience any symptoms related to infertility. The IVF success rate in Hyderabad is significantly high compared to other metro-cities. Dr. Vandana Hegde is our pre-eminent practitioner and IVF specialist at Hedge, with countless successful IVF treatments to her credit.