Nowadays, it is more common for women today to choose to have children later in life than ever before. Egg freezing helps women to delay childbirth until a later time.
You’re not alone if you dream about having a baby. You may have a timeline in mind for motherhood, but nature doesn’t always co-operate with your plans. Unfortunately, it is also possible to experience sickness or conditions before you are able to have children. Fortunately, to reset your biological clock, you can freeze your eggs so that you can use them at a later date.
In Hyderabad, Telangana, Hegde Fertility has had premier fertility clinics since 2009 in the Madhapur, Miyapur, Malakpet, and Suchitra locations. The best fertility experts at our center will gladly provide you with the most effective and innovative egg harvesting and egg freezing treatments available today.
The advantage of freezing your eggs is that you can have your child any time instead of waiting until your biological clock says so. However, here we give simple guidance for you in egg freezing.
- What is egg freezing?
- Who needs egg freezing?
- What is the right age to do?
- How long to freeze?
- Egg freezing procedure and
The following points should be kept in mind when choosing this option.
What Is Egg Freezing?
The process of freezing eggs preserves a woman’s eggs for a prolonged period of time (oocytes). The procedure has been used by women to postpone their pregnancies either because of medical conditions or for social reasons. Most infertility issues can be attributed to germ cell degeneration associated with aging, according to several studies.
The procedure is designed so that the woman can choose to have her eggs frozen, fertilized, and transported to her uterus as embryos. As a result, you will be able to conceive easier in the future. The success rate of the procedure varies with women’s age, ranging from 25.8 percent (for women 40 years of age and above) to 60.5 percent (for women 25 years of age and under).
Who Needs Egg Freezing?
Egg freezing is a safe and helpful procedure, especially for those women who don’t plan to become pregnant at the moment but want to be sure they will be able to become pregnant in the future.
There are several reasons for considering cryopreservation of the oocytes:
- For women who are undergoing chemotherapy and/or pelvic radiation therapy to cure cancer, those treatments can affect fertility.
- Surgical procedures that might damage the ovaries.
- An abnormal chromosomal structure or an early menopause history in the family has been associated with premature ovarian failure.
- The ovaries are at risk of being damaged by an ovarian disease.
- Ovaries are removed as a result of a genetic mutation (e.g., BRCA mutation).
- The woman who is suffering for personal reasons or for social reasons to delay pregnancy.
What Is the Right Age to Do Egg Freezing?
By freezing your eggs at a young age, the chances of becoming pregnant will be better. There is no clear answer to when exactly is the right time for a woman to freeze her eggs. According to studies, women who freeze their eggs before 35 have a better chance of conceiving successfully than those who freeze them after age 35.”
In other words, the more eggs retrieved and frozen, the more likely it is to be able to carry a child successfully. It is often the woman’s age that predicts how successful the whole process will be, rather than the number of eggs (or the quality of the eggs) she possesses.
How Long to Freeze?
Keeping the eggs for a long time does not seem to have negative effects, and the eggs can only be stored for a maximum of fifty years. Maternal age must be considered when carrying out pregnancy because older mothers are at a higher risk for complications like hypertension, diabetes, and cesarean delivery.
Egg Freezing Procedure
- To ensure that your eggs are not infected, you must take a blood test before freezing them
- Injections are provided to stimulate the ovaries to produce a huge number of eggs.
- Afterward, your frozen eggs are retrieved during a procedure while you are anesthetized.
- In the end, the eggs are fertilized with sperm once they are ready for conception.
After the procedure, within a week of egg retrieval, you can continue regular activities along with unprotected sex should be avoided in order to avoid unintended pregnancy.
You should contact your health care provider if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Having a fever higher than 101.5 degrees Fahrenheit (38.6C)
- Severe abdominal pain
- Over 2 pounds (0.9 kilograms) of weight gain within 24 hours
- A high level of vaginal bleeding, such as filling more than two pads every hour
- Having difficulty urinating
India offers a very low price on egg freezing compared to most other countries. The price in India ranges between 1,50,000 INR and 1,70,000 INR. This cost is inclusive of the IVF procedure charges. It includes medicines and injections charges for egg retrieval and freezing, along with the charges for ovarian stimulation.
A Word From Hegde Fertility
After embryo implant, your chances of becoming pregnant range from 30 to 60%, depending on your age at the time of freezing your eggs. When you freeze your eggs at an older age, your chances of having to conceive a baby decrease. When you freeze your eggs at a younger age, your chances of having to conceive a baby increase. So, we recommend you freeze your eggs at a young age in the ’20s to avoid risk at pregnancy time.