There a few important points to remember by the time you decide on whose “fault” it is if you can’t get pregnant. In about 40% of… infertility cases-the problem resides in the men , and in other 40% the problem resides in women. The rest of the cases there may be a problem with both man and the woman.
Couple should not forget that it takes two to conceive and make a baby. A man can equally be responsible for fertility issues as the woman:
In woman the common causes of infertility are found to be the following:
- Underweight or Overweight – Excessive exercise also is implicated as one of the causes.
- Hormonal changes – some health problems cause hormonal changes which can cause infertility.
- Fibroids or endometriosis – Depending on how advanced the disease is.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease- can cause problems in women to get pregnant.
- Sexually transmitted diseases – can affect a women’s reproductive system
You Might Like to Read: Dealing with the Emotional Impact Of Infertility for Men
Common causes of infertility in men are found to be:
- Semen disorders.
- Testicular abnormalities-varicoceles, undescended testis, testicular failure.
- Medications – certain medications, chemicals may affect sperms.
- High sperm DNA damage
- Psychosexual problems- ejaculatory dysfunction, premature/retrograde ejaculation.
- Injury or infection.
Causes of infertility in both men and women :
- Age – fertility declines with age in men and women but more predictably in women .
- Poor diet , No exercise.
- Environmental toxins – pesticides, fertilizers, heavy metals etc
- Smoking, recreational drug abuse, chronic alcohol consumption.
You Might Like to Read: When is it a Right Time to Visit a Fertility Specialist?
- Diabetes , problems with thyroid gland and pituitary gland
Do not get anxious and assume you have any of these health issues, just because you can’t get pregnant.
The only reliable way to determine if you are affected by one of the above causes is to get checked by your infertility specialist doctor – be upfront and honest about your health issues you’ve dealt with or are dealing with.
Once diagnosed there are variety of basic to advanced infertility treatments that can deliver you the baby you desire. Keeping better health and following the advice of the doctor strictly shall be your primary objective and allow any one man or woman to easily get beyond the hurdle of infertility.
You Might Like to Read: 5 Common Signs of Infertility in Men and Women