In vitro fertilization commonly called as IVF treatment is a type of assisted reproductive technology that helps in achieving a healthy pregnancy. During IVF treatment the female egg and male sperm are fertilized in the laboratory condition. The embryo is then transferred to the uterus for further development.
Understand the IVF Procedure
IVF treatment is a stepwise procedure that requires medical assistance at every step for successful results. The IVF procedure includes the following steps:
- You infertility specialist generally attempts to have a complete control over your menstrual and ovulation cycles. This mainly helps in knowing the correct time of the month when you start to ovulate.
- This also requires the charting of the basal body temperature and hormonal therapy.
- Your infertility specialist will recommend frequent blood tests and ultrasound scans. These diagnostic tests will helps in mapping the progress of ovulation.
- Certain drugs will be prescribed by your doctor to stimulate your ovaries
- During this time, your doctors will generally monitor the growth of oocyte
- When a suitable growth of oocyte follicles is achieved, eggs are retrieved for artificial insemination.
- Fertilization is done using the male partner’s sperm in the laboratory condition
- After the successful fertilization is done, the embryo is transferred to your uterus for natural development.
Benefits of IVF Treatment
The common benefits of IVF treatment include:
- The chances of achieving a healthy pregnancy increase by a large percentage through IVF treatment.
- IVF is one of the common treatment used to boost the fertility and pregnancy
- Couples with repeated failure in conceiving a child can opt for IVF treatment to get their own offspring.
- Infertile couples can also achieve pregnancy by using donor eggs or sperms during IVF treatment. In this case, the child will not bear the DNA of both parents as the donor’s egg or sperm is used in the treatment.
- IVF treatment can decrease the chances of fallopian tube surgery.
- IVF treatment also gives an opportunity to select the healthiest embryos before implanting it into the uterus.
- Pre-implantation genetic diagnosis can be done to determine the presence of any abnormal genes present. Chromosomal absurdity can also be detected with this test.
- IVF treatment has comparatively high success rate when compared to other assisted reproductive techniques used for infertility treatments.
- IVF treatment is one of the safest procedures in the field of medicine.
- It also helps the women with premature menopause to bear a child.
- With this treatment, you can experience motherhood at an older age.
- IVF treatment also allows the same-sex partners and a single woman to bear a child.
- It can also be used for women who have undergone surgeries like fallopian tube removal. It is also helpful for women whose fallopian tubes are damaged or blocked.
If you are experiencing any symptoms related to infertility, it is better to consult the IVF hospital. The IVF success rate in Hyderabad is comparatively high from other cities. Dr. Vandana Hegde is the best IVF specialist who can perform IVF treatment with successful results.