In vitro fertilization (IVF) a common treatment used for infertile couples or couples who are unable to carry a healthy pregnancy. Donor egg IVF is used mostly by old-age women to become pregnant. Around 70% of the women above 45 years of age experiencing infertility make use of donor egg IVF treatment.
Donor egg IVF is also a type of assisted reproductive technology (ART) that will become more popular in the near future. During this treatment, the donor eggs are used. Donor eggs are given by a healthy, fertile woman to an infertile woman who is unable to produce eggs for IVF treatment.
How Does Donor Egg IVF Program Work?
Before the commencement of this program, you need to consult your infertility specialist to identify the possible risks and effects on your health. The donor egg IVF program is a stepwise procedure that includes the following steps:
- Identify the donor who is under the age of 35 and can donate the eggs.
- The menstrual cycle of both donor and recipient needs to be synchronized using hormonal therapy and medications.
- You will be given certain medication so that your endometrium is ready for womb transfer.
- After the donor donates the egg, the eggs are fertilized using in vitro fertilization (IVF) technique.
- Since the donor is under 35 years of age, not more than three embryos are transferred to your womb from the donor.
- Embryos will be formed after the fertilization is done with the partner’s sperm.
- In few cases, the embryos can be transferred after they have been fertilized in the donor. This is generally done to reduce your stress
How Does Donor Sperm IVF Program Work?
When the donor sperm is used for IVF treatment, the following steps need to be followed:
- Initially, the sperm samples are taken from your partner to check the quality of sperm.
- In case of poor quality and quantity of sperm, donor sperm can be used.
- The donor or the partner himself has to give another sperm sample on the same day the eggs are collected.
- In the later step, the eggs and sperm are mixed for fertilization.
Chances of Donor Egg IVF program
The chances of healthy pregnancy through donor IVF programs are 60-70%. For a successful donor IVF program, plan the treatment accordingly to avoid any complications.
Points to keep in Mind for Donor Egg IVF Program
The following points need to be kept in mind while considering the donor egg IVF program:
- You can find a donor either through an egg bank or an egg donation agency. A family member or a close friend can also donate an egg for IVF treatment.
- Donors must be in the age group of 21-35 years.
- Make the treatment legal while taking the egg from a donor.
- Consult a counselor before you plan to conceive through donor egg IVF treatment.
If you are planning to go for a donor egg IVF program, it is better to consult the IVF center in Hyderabad. or the IVF hospital. If you are searching for the best IVF center with an efficient and skilled IVF specialist then you can consult Hegde fertility center.
This fertility center is known for successful IVF treatment in Hyderabad. The IVF cost is affordable and the treatment can be done at competitive rates. The IVF success rate is high when the treatment is done at the Hegde fertility center.