The aim of minimal stimulation IVF treatment is to produce less than 8 good quality eggs which will result in a successful conception of a pregnancy.
Minimal stimulation is a process in which fertility medicines are used in lesser doses and for lesser duration in order to avoid the risks associated with fertility medicines.
In Hegde Fertility, minimal stimulation IVF is carried out ingeniously with modern equipment, infrastructure and extremely ardent professionals which more likely result in high pregnancy success rates.
Minimal Stimulation IVF is Advised in following conditions:
- Failure in producing a large number of eggs in spite of giving high levels of fertility medications.
- Females with advanced age.
- Females who do not produce good quality eggs necessary for fertilization.
- Women who want to have only one child can opt for this procedure.
- Women who are prone to developing ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome.
- Women with low ovarian reserve.
The process of minimal stimulation IVF, in most IVF centers, is mostly similar to the routine IVF. Medicines like clomiphene citrate and gonadotropins are given but in a very smaller dose and for a shorter duration. The growth of the egg is monitored with serial ultra sonographies and blood test. The egg is extracted when it matures by using the same techniques as Conventional IVF treatment.
1. Cost-effective: the minimal stimulation IVF is cheaper than conventional IVF.
2. Time-saving: duration of the treatment is less as compared to conventional IVF.
3. Fewer side effects: as a natural cycle is not altered, the side effects like mood swings, irritability, and headache are less.
4. Decreased time period between 2 cycles: after one IVF cycle, the patient is advised to rest for few months as the ovaries cannot be re hyper-stimulated in such a short time. This factor is overcome in this procedure as minimal stimulation is done and the next cycle can be done in the following month.
5. Patient’s comfort: patient is far more comfortable while undergoing this procedure as compared to conventional IVF.
The risks are less as compared to conventional IVF as hyperstimulation is avoided. The chances of ovarian hyperstimulation are almost negligible. But, the pregnancy rates are low as compared to the conventional IVF as lesser eggs are collected.