A Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) is a cycle in which the frozen embryos (A fertilized egg that has begun cell division) from a previous fresh IVF cycle are thawed and then transferred back into the woman’s uterus. This means you won’t have to take hormonal medication to stimulate the ovaries and collection of the eggs.
Embryos can be created during fresh IVF cycles, and it is recommended to transfer one embryo at a time to avoid the serious risks associated with multiple pregnancies. So, it is a usual procedure to transfer one embryo and freeze the other. And in a case of pregnancy failure in the first cycle, the frozen ones can be picked for the subsequent cycle. And this cycle is called as frozen embryo transfer cycle.
The success rate of a FET cycle and Fresh IVF cycles in different IVF center in Hyderabad are almost same and they do maintain same indicators of success. It is so because embryos when frozen stop aging. Women who is about 37 years or less than can experience success rate about 50 percent delivery per thaw. The rate of success is hugely dependent on the maternal age, as it increases at the time of the freeze, the success column reduces.
- Infertility specialist in dilsukhnagar can create embryos and they can be frozen(by vitrification) until Day 2 to Day 5 (Blastocyst). After which, they are put in thin plastic straws, sealed, and patients identity is firmly declared on the straws.
- These straws are placed in a container and put into liquid nitrogen tanks that maintain a temperature at -196 degree Celsius and is known as cryostorage
- Less Medication: In this procedure, patients are administered with only estrogen and progesterone that is meant to thicken the lining around uterus in preparation for embryo transfer to make patient ready for implantation. As there is no egg retrieval in the process, the patient doesn’t require anesthesia.
- Less Stress: Patients experience tells that this procedure is less stressful than the FreshIVF cycles. You can find the difference in fresh cycles of FET cycles. Several factors get eliminated in FET such as stimulation response, egg development, and embryo growth. Patients have the option to select transfer months in advance and this will allow infertility specialist in dilsukhnagar determine the cycle initiation date.
- Lower cost: In this procedure, there is no need to create a new embryo since it is readily available and this result to reduced infertility treatment cost in Hegde Fertility. It is less expensive than the fresh embryo transfer cycle
If one of the partners is undergoing infertility treatment for a serious illness or cancer they might consider freezing embryos for future pregnancy attempts.
If you are interested in taking up the procedure, schedule an appointment with our best Infertility specialist and discuss your options for healthy parenthood and check the IVF cost in India!!!